Thursday, February 20, 2014

Saturday, 25 Jan 2014: Pumpkin Shots

It was another 12 hour work day. Everyone says I get more days off to make up for all the hours spent in a day at the hospital. The benefits, in my opinion, out weight the costs. The main downsides to my job is the fact I have to work weekends and after a full days worth I am left exausted with no time left for myself in the morning or evening. Today I had some energy left and decided to hook up with the guys (Chevren, Gallegos, and Jake). We walked off base to a Hawaiian restaurant called Tubes to eat dinner and have a few drinks. Our goal was to hit up the karaoke place.LALALA Karaoke!  Misawa Japan. This place was a lot of fun! I. I miss Misawa When we were full we entered an elevator and walked into a small waiting area where people were crowded around a cashier. To our dismay, the Japanese lady told us they only had a free room during the time we had to be back for curfew on base. No singing tonight! Instead the guys lead us to a different karaoke bar across the way. Each some was only 1 yen and if we reached a certain score, then we would get free drinks. Tonight was not our luck (maybe we were just not born to sing professionally!). Flaming Pumpkin PieI wanted to show the guys what a pumpkin shot was and we left to hop to the next bar. A week or so after I arrived in Misawa a friend from the Med (medical) group showed it to me and it was my turn to show the newbies. With not much left to do we headed back to base and hung out in Jakes room to watch a movie. Chevren offered us a Mike’s Hard Lemonade and it tasted like...lemonade! Sometimes I would speak in french without realizing I was and the guys kept telling me I needed to speak english! I missed speaking french so much...it seems no one speaks it wherever I go. Anyway, halfway through the Terminator movie, Chevren sat next to me and asked me in a whisper if I wanted to be his girlfriend. Such a strange question out of the blue! In return I had to explain to him that I was not ready for a relationship...and I didn’t tell him I wasn’t interested. Its that tricky situation when you love them as a friend, but not as a mate. Those kind of relationships were not in my mind at the time...It was time to call it a night because my body could not handle the long hours of being awake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment